Saturday, February 11, 2012

Remarkable

Some other parts of my life that went unmentioned in my last post deserve their due light. Those parts being my children . . . all five of them! They definitely have risen to the occasion and are true servants to this mama, this home, and their schoolwork. Our life has presented them with some very challenging circumstances. Every time, they are ready to serve . . . putting aside their own desires. Typically one of these life circumstances involves my health, so I'm especially honored for their servant attitude.

For example, they (being all five of them) just cleaned the entire house. This covers four bathrooms, vacuuming, and dusting of a large home. Right now, James is building a new treadmill. Jacob and Jared are sorting cans and bottles for recycling. The girls are putting some fine touches on straightening the schoolroom. Since I can't get up and do anything, there are many times throughout the day I must call upon them for even the simplest of things. They serve without whining. In trying to find some good in these hard times that have plagued our home, I have often said my children are learning life skills the average young person doesn't have exposure to. It's making them better men and women, husbands and wives, fathers and mothers.

Now mind you, they still are young people who struggle with sin. They succumb to sibling issues on a regular basis and sometimes don't clean their rooms up to what is expected. I'm aware they are not perfect. I just thought with so much they do above and beyond with such willingness, I was going to sing their praises for a bit! I am a blessed mother with five blessings who love her dearly. For this, I am so very grateful!

And for a brief update on me. There's not very much new to report. I continue to feel better than anytime over the past number of months. However, this improvement is not changing from week to week or day to day. My life is quite sedentary, sitting most of the day. I'm struggling with feeling lazy, but have been reassured by The Main Man that that's not what I'm doing. He's thrilled for the progress I've made and is so happy I'm not at the pain rating of 8-10 (where I was for 2-3 months). For the past almost two weeks, I would say my pain rating is 2-3 with times during the day that I don't feel any pain at all while sitting still! While I'm grateful I don't remember the past six months or so, I have memory of today and that's not a happy place to be. We'll keep pressing on, trusting Him for a miracle, and praising Him for what good He is doing on a daily basis!

16 comments:

  1. Cathy,
    I have to agree....you do have five amazing children!! They are a credit to you :)

    So glad you are feeling better and growing stronger each day, sweet friend! I am constantly praying and interceding for you and I, too, am trusting Him for a miracle!

    Love Always,
    Karen P.

    ~~~Ephesians 3:14-21~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your pain has decreased. Your children are beautiful and so glad to hear their servants' hearts.
    Much love to you sweet sister. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not been blogging in awhile! Though I think of you often! You said it is terminal? My heart just aches for you! I am glad you are feeling better! You will continue to be in my prayers as well as your beautiful family! Blessings, Marla

    ReplyDelete
  4. <3 it cathy, I just absolutely love to hear what the Lord has done. I just praise Him forall your progress. It puts excitement in my spirit! And to know your blessings are doing so well, I;m glad to hear that too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Five precious blessings indeed! I witnessed all this when I came and visited with you. Children doing school with happy hearts, serving their Mama, excellent hosts, smiling faces. What a testimony of Gods love and grace in your home though this trial. You have ever right to sing their praises! ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marveling at the wonders of the Lord and so very happy to hear of your wonderful children, devoted husband and better days for you dear sister.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Auntie must comment on those wonderful kids too!!! They ARE and have been fantastic. We love them to bits, and you and Lee aren't too bad either :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi...I never knew I had a reply feature here, I have wanted to be able to thank those who leave comments, but didn't know that they would get to the author of the comment or just sit here. If you never went back to the comment section, you wouldn't see them at all! Can you let me know if this comes to you in some sort of email notification? I don't want to do a lot of "replys" for them never to make it to the sender. Thanks and love you much!!

      Delete
  8. Praying here in North Carolina for all the Williams. You're much loved and cherished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cathy and Family-I am Veronica's sister. You have a beautiful family and we are praying for a miracle. Hope to meet you and your family some day.

    Yazmin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Cathy and family, I have been praying for all of you and it is so wonderful to hear from you. I hope that you continue to get stronger. I am just amazed by your courage and am using your example in my own life right now as I battle cancer. I completed my 4th round of chemo last week. 5 days in the hospital every month for a total of 6 rounds. The cancer is a rare ovarian cancer and can be agressive. It's very frightening at times, but i try to keep focused on God's promises rather than leaning on my own understanding. Please know that you are being thought of very often and continuous prayers are being lifted up for you and your beautiful family. I love you, Cathy! XOXOXO JoAnne Conway

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stopping by to say hi! Continuing to pray for your family, believing for 'God News' !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cathy!
    Just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you and miss you.
    Praying for you and your family.
    Love
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  13. We Love You Cathy!!! We are praying for you and your precious family.
    Hugs and kisses,
    Karen & Jeff P. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just saw the news of your passing Cathy. May God give your husband, children, and love ones comfort that only He can give. Will miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Reading the news from Kristine about Cathy's passing makes me so very sad. I am praying for your family now, that God would wrap His loving arms around them and comfort them during this very difficult time.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to hear from you! ~The Mama